Many of you know Professor Pamela Melton from the 1L LRAW program or one of our upper-level research courses. In addition to her teaching duties, Professor Melton serves as Associate Director for Library Administration. She also keeps busy in law librarian professional organizations, currently serving as Immediate Past-President of the South Eastern Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries. We asked Professor Melton a few questions to get to know her a little better.
1. We’re librarians, so the obvious first question: What’s your favorite book? Anything by Anthony Trollope
2. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional ballroom dancer
3. What profession would you not like to do? Dental hygienist
4. What’s your favorite form of exercise/outdoor activity? Any kind of partner dancing (ballroom, swing, salsa, Argentine Tango)
5. If you could go on a road trip with any person (living or dead), whom would you choose? Gene Kelly. We’d hit every dance venue we could find, coast to coast.
6. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? I play Candy Crush.
7. If you could visit any place in the world for a two-week vacation for free, where would you go? Italy, Kenya, or the Galapagos Island. I can’t pick just one.
8. When was the last time you had an amazing meal and where did you have it? Last night (and every night) at home. My husband is a wonderful cook.
9. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be? Elayne Trakand, the Daughter-Heir of Andor
10. What’s your best (legal) research tip? Master terms and connectors searching. It’s the best way to use WestlawNext & Lexis Advance.