With exams looming ever nearer, it’s especially important to take an hour or two now and again to clear your head and escape the law school bubble. So, we’ve put together this great list of activities happening in April!
1. Get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny and hunt some for some eggs at the Annual Easter Egg Hunt at the Village at Sandhills (April 4, starting at 11am11).
2. Remember your favorite movies by listening to the South Carolina Philharmonic play their famous tunes during “At the Movies” at the Harbison Theatre. (April 11 at 7:30pm, $28).
3. Are you an opera fanatic? Check out USC’s Evening of One Acts. (April 11 at 7:30pm and Sunday, April 12 at 3:00pm, FREE!).
4. Check out the Indie Grits Film Festival, the Southeast’s premier film and culture festival. Held April 15-19, a five day pass is $100, but the opening night party on Wednesday April 15th from 6:00-11:00pm is free in the Columbia Museum Art plaza on Main Street.
5. Love fashion? Attend Girls Night Out 2015 to see the latest fashion and accessories from Tibi and enjoy cocktails and food from local favorites. (April 16, $75, proceeds benefit EdVenture).
6. One for all, and all for one! Check out the USC Theatre Program’s production of the Three Musketeers (April 17-25, $12 for students).
7. Take FIdo to Bark to the Park, a 1.5 mile walk fundraising event that benefits homeless pets in the Midlands. (April 18, registration is $30, and includes a t-shirt and entry to the after-party and activities following the walk).
8. Find some tasty international cuisine at the 20th Annual Columbia International Festival‘s International Food Court. It’s located at the South Carolina State Fairgrounds on April 18-19). Admission is $5 at the gate.
9. Join the art gallery crawl for complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres at Artista Vista 2015 (April 23 from 5-9pm, free!).
10. Celebrate the successful completion of your LRAW exam by doing to see Camelot at the Koger Center. (April 28-29, ticket prices vary).
Get out there and explore some of what Columbia has to offer!