Joey Plumley is the Law Library’s Acquisitions and Access Services Assistant. In addition to working as a member of our Technical Services Department, you’ll find him working nights at the Circulation Desk. We asked Joey a few questions to get to know him better!
1. We’re librarians, so the obvious first question: What’s your favorite book? The Icewind Dale Trilogy.
2. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I have had a number of other professions before this one…but one I have not tried would be something in sports management.
3. What profession would you not like to do? Not a farmer, construction worker, or miner.
4. What’s your favorite form of exercise/outdoor activity? I enjoy golf and tennis, but have not done either in a while due to a shoulder injury.
5. If you could go on a road trip with any person (living or dead), whom would you choose? I would choose my mom, who passed away a number of years ago.
6. If you could visit any place in the world for a two-week vacation for free, where would you go? If everything would be covered, then gambling in Law Vegas!!!
7. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? I try to catch up on current events or my favorite TV shows when I have the chance.
8. When was the last time you had an amazing meal and where did you have it? I recently had lunch at McCutchen House here on campus and it was very good.
9. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be? I’m Batman.
10. What’s your best (legal) research tip? When asked by new law students, I always suggest that they get to know a reference librarian and make them their friend.